It’s a widely-recognised passion for a lot of people – to leave their desks and suits behind, jump in a car with a few friends and road trip across the wide expanses of the USA, living by your own rules and visiting the places you want to. So where would be the places to go? Where offers the best food, petrol prices and most entertainment?
The USA is full of prime locations that I have seen on my travels. Below are my top 8 sights to see.
8. Hoover Dam – More of an impressive feat of fantastic engineering than anything else, this imposing structure is over 75 years old and has featured in the original and spectacular Superman movie. A great conversation piece and a wonder to behold.
7. Sunset Boulevard – One of the most famous streets in the world, Sunset Blvd has been the subject matter of films, songs and popular culture. This boulevard, though slow-moving, is a delight to view and truly represents the glamour of the USA. Definitely worth a look.
6. The White House – How can you resist seeing the official abode of the President? The amount of history and important decisions that must have been made in this building is simply astonishing to behold. Security is very strict so don’t act rowdy or do anything stupid, but it is a must-see.
5. Ground Zero – More a building site now than anything else, this is not something to admire or enjoy; but it is definitely an interesting sight. The previous site of the World Trade Center, this was the location of the worst terrorist attack in recorded history and represented a major turning point in American history.
4. Beale Street – Brimming with shops, clubs and Memphis executive suites, this location is bustling and constantly active, day or night. An excellent place to visit and considerably cheaper and easier to access than other locations on this list.
3. Grand Canyon – One of the seven natural wonders of the world, this canyon is an amazing spectacle to behold and something that everyone should see. Pictures and videos simply don’t do it justice – you need to feel the adrenaline and fresh air that the Grand Canyon creates within you.
2. Las Vegas – Prepare yourself for the hustle and bustle and go down to some casinos. A vivid and enchanting place, Las Vegas can sometimes be too much for some people. However, if you are fully prepared for the sights, Las Vegas is simply amazing.
1. Hollywood – Whether you view the entire town or simply the famous letters, Hollywood is the epitome of glamour and American television and film. Truly an amazing spectacle and location, Hollywood is a fantastic sight to see and easily ranks as my top choice.